Introduction to Blackjack Terms
Blackjack is a popular casino game that has been around since the 17th century. It is one of the most widely played card games in the world and is enjoyed by players of all ages. The game requires a combination of luck, strategy and skill, and is often considered to be one of the best casino games to play.
|Welcome Bonus: Up to $8,000
Game Software: RealTime Gaming
Cashout Time: 1-3 Days
Launched in 2019
In order to play the game, you must know the various blackjack terms used in the game. By understanding the terms, you will be able to make more informed decisions when playing the game. This article will provide an overview of some of the most commonly used blackjack terms.
Blackjack – Blackjack is the name of the game and is also sometimes referred to as 21. The goal of the game is for the player to get as close to 21 as possible without going over.
Hit – A hit is when the player draws an additional card in order to try to get closer to 21.
Stand – A stand is when the player decides to stay with the cards they have and not draw any additional cards.
Double Down – A double down is when the player doubles their initial bet and draws one additional card.
Split – A split is when the player has two cards of the same value and can “split” them into two separate hands.
Surrender – A surrender is when the player decides to give up half of their bet and end the game.
Insurance – Insurance is when the player places an additional bet that pays out if the dealer has blackjack.
Soft Hand – A soft hand is when the player has an ace as one of their cards and can count the ace as either 1 or 11.
Hard Hand – A hard hand is when the player does not have an ace and cannot count the card as either 1 or 11.
Push – A push is when the player’s hand and the dealer’s hand are equal and the bet is returned to the player.
- Ace – A card that can be counted as either 1 or 11.
- Face Cards – Cards that are worth 10 points, including Jacks, Queens, and Kings.
- Ten Card – A card that is worth 10 points.
- Nine Card – A card that is worth 9 points.
- Eight Card – A card that is worth 8 points.
- House Edge – The advantage that the casino has over the player in a game.
- Shoe – A device used to hold multiple decks of playing cards.
- Burn Card – A card that is discarded before dealing a hand.
- Cut Card – A card that is used to separate the decks of playing cards.
- Basic Strategy – A strategy that is used to increase the player’s chances of winning.
- Card Counting – A technique used to keep track of the cards that have been dealt and increase the player’s chances of winning.
- Martingale System – A system of betting where the player increases their bet after a loss.
Progressive Blackjack Terms
- Progressive Blackjack – A variation of blackjack that offers a larger jackpot.
- Side Bet – An additional bet that can be placed in a game of progressive blackjack.
- Progressive Jackpot – A jackpot that increases every time the game is played.
Blackjack is a popular game that requires a combination of luck, skill, and strategy. In order to play the game successfully, it is important to understand the various blackjack terms used in the game. This article has provided an overview of some of the most commonly used blackjack terms, including basic terms, advanced terms, card terms, other terms, strategy terms, and progressive blackjack terms. With a better understanding of the terms, you will be better equipped to make informed decisions when playing the game.