What is Blackjack?
Blackjack is a popular casino game of chance, also known as 21. It is played against the house, or the dealer, and can be played with one or more decks of cards. The aim of the game is for the player to get a higher score than the dealer, but not go over 21, or ‘bust’.
|Welcome Bonus: Up to $8,000
Game Software: RealTime Gaming
Cashout Time: 1-3 Days
Launched in 2019
Basic Blackjack Rules
Blackjack is a fairly simple game, with a few basic rules that all players should know before they start playing:
- Cards – the game is played with one or more decks of standard 52-card decks.
- Objective – the objective of the game is to get a higher score than the dealer, without going over 21.
- Dealer – the dealer will deal two cards face up to each player and two cards to themselves, one face down and one face up.
- Scoring – the cards are scored according to their face value, with 10s, Jacks, Queens and Kings all worth 10 points each, and Aces worth either 1 or 11 points, depending on the player’s choice.
- Bust – if a player goes over 21, they are ‘bust’ and lose the game.
Types of Bets
There are a few different types of bets that can be made when playing Blackjack, depending on the rules of the particular game:
- Hit – this is when the player takes another card from the dealer.
- Stand – this is when the player stays with the cards they have, and does not take any more cards.
- Split – if the player has two cards of the same value, they can choose to split them into two separate hands.
- Double Down – the player can choose to double their bet on their initial two cards, and then take one more card.
- Surrender – this is when the player gives up the game and gets back half of their bet.
Odds of Winning
The odds of winning Blackjack vary depending on the type of game being played and the skill level of the players. Generally speaking, the house has an advantage in Blackjack, but it is possible for a player to win if they are able to make smart decisions and use the right strategies.
Odds of Winning with Basic Strategy
When playing Blackjack using basic strategy, the odds of winning are generally around 44%, which is quite good for a game of chance. This is because basic strategy allows the player to make the most advantageous decisions, based on the cards they have been dealt.
Odds of Winning with Card Counting
Card counting is a popular strategy used in Blackjack, and is a way of keeping track of the cards that have already been played. By keeping track of the cards, a player can get an advantage over the house, and the odds of winning can be increased to around 54%.
Odds of Winning in Online Blackjack
When playing online Blackjack, the odds of winning are the same as when playing in a land-based casino. The only difference is that the player is not able to count cards, so the advantage of card counting is not available.
Odds of Winning in Live Dealer Blackjack
Live dealer Blackjack is a popular version of the game, where the dealer is actually present in the game. This can give the player an advantage, as they are able to observe the dealer’s actions, and can use this information to make more informed decisions. The odds of winning in live dealer Blackjack can be increased to around 48%.
The house edge is the advantage that the house has over the players in any casino game. In Blackjack, the house edge is usually around 0.5%, meaning that for every $100 wagered, the house will win around $0.50.
Tips for Increasing Your Odds of Winning
There are a few tips that players can use to increase their odds of winning when playing Blackjack, such as:
- Know the Rules – it is important to know the rules of the game before playing, so that you can make the best decisions.
- Practice – practice makes perfect, so it is important to practice Blackjack before playing for real money.
- Use Basic Strategy – basic strategy is a great way to increase your odds of winning, as it helps you make the most advantageous decisions.
- Manage Your Bankroll – it is important to manage your bankroll, so that you do not bet more than you can afford to lose.
- Take Breaks – it is important to take breaks, as this can help you stay focused and make better decisions.
Blackjack is a game of chance, and while the house always has an advantage, it is possible to increase your odds of winning by using the right strategies and making smart decisions. By following the tips outlined in this article, you can increase your chances of walking away a winner. Good luck!